PROTOCOLS AND PROCEDURES
General Verification Protocol
- A verification protocol is a comprehensive and rigorous procedure used by Verification Entities to ensure that all verifications are done in a consistent manner.
- The General Verification Protocol (GVP) provides the criteria and process for performing a verification. The GVP was created in March 2000 and was substantially revised in February 2007. ISO 14034 will standardize the verification process used around the world.
General Test Protocol
- The results of testing are intended to provide accurate, meaningful data in support of the verification of a vendor’s claim for a technology performance.
- The General Test Protocol is designed to provide a systematic framework to guide vendors, test agencies, and other testing facilities through the process of demonstration testing of a technology, resulting in thorough, high quality, reliable, reproducible data that meet the quality requirements of Environmental Technology Verification (ETV).
- This test protocol is generic in nature in order to provide appropriate guidance for vendors of a wide range of environmental technologies, applications, and/or associated contaminated media.
- Where a need was identified, specific testing protocols were developed for specific types of technologies; these specific testing protocols are available under the ‘Other’ tab above.
Specific Testing Protocols
Where a need was identified, specific testing protocols have been developed for specific types of technologies. These protocols were developed through stakeholder consultation to reach consensus on test parameters, test conditions, etc.
1) Street Sweeper Protocols
- Operational On Street Test Protocol – May 2016
- PM10 & PM2.5 Street Sweeper Efficiency Test Protocol – April 2008
4) Procedure for Laboratory Testing of Oil-Grit Separators – updated June 2014
Revisions to the Canadian ETV Program Procedure for Laboratory Testing of Oil-Grit Separators
– Bulletin – CETV 2014-05-0001
– Bulletin – CETV 2014-06-0010
– Bulletin – CETV 2016-09-0001
– Bulletin – CETV 2016-11-0001
– Bulletin – CETV 2018-09-0001